VenatoRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a private, clinical-stage pharmaceutical company located in Malvern, PA has built a world-class, in-house R&D organization with over 65 employees. We are passionately focused on the discovery and development of novel anti-infectives to treat multi-drug resistant bacterial infections and hard-to-treat viral infections. All VenatoRx investigational molecules have been discovered internally and VenatoRx’s scientists have filed over 100 patents spanning multiple research programs.
The Company’s most advanced development-stage product is VNRX-5133, an injectable beta-lactamase inhibitor (BLI) that features selective and potent in vitro activity against both serine- and metallo-beta-lactamases. VenatoRx is currently developing VNRX-5133 in a fixed combination with the fourth generation cephalosporin, cefepime. VenatoRx initiated enrollment in its Phase 3 trial of cefepime/VNRX-5133 in patients with complicated urinary tract infections (cUTIs) in August 2019 and top-line results are expected by the end of 2020.
VenatoRx’s second development-stage product in clinical development is VNRX-7145, an orally bioavailable BLI that in a fixed combination with the third generation orally bioavailable cephalosporin, ceftibuten, has the potential to rescue activity of the partner antibiotic against ESBLs and key carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae, including those expressing KPC and OXA carbapenemases. Additionally, VenatoRx has a broad pipeline of pre-clinical programs including a novel class of Penicillin-Binding Protein (PBP) inhibitors that are impervious to beta-lactamase-driven resistance, and novel antiviral agents targeting Hepatitis B Virus.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to help progress breakthrough science from discovery into the clinic. The Research Associate is a laboratory intensive position within the Biology group that will be required to support early-stage drug discovery efforts as well as ongoing clinical programs. This role will be involved in all aspects of the drug discovery process.
- Work closely with a team of scientists within Discovery Biology to support early-stage discovery effort, pre-clinical development, and ongoing clinical programs.
- Perform a multitude of microbiological assays including MIC testing, frequency of resistance, and time-kill experiments; biochemical assays including protein purification, enzyme IC50s, and molecular biology; cell culture and cytotoxicity testing.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed records of experimental results.
- Perform other duties as required
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Bachelor of science in biological sciences or related field
- 0-2 years’ relevant laboratory experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology, and/or through relevant Co-op internships
- Able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Proven ability to work independently in a hands-on laboratory setting
- Self-motivated to learn and develop new methods
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and oral), and collaborations skills
- Maintain accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies and procedures
- Able to exercise sound judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite preferred