|Title:||Controller and Senior Director, Finance|
The Controller & Senior Director, Finance is responsible for all aspects of financial reporting, both internal and external, including US Government contract/grant reporting and potential future Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting should VenatoRx decide to pursue an Initial Public Offering (IPO). This “hands on” position will also oversee financial management systems, processes, policies and procedures, technical accounting research related to various accounting matters, and lead the development of internal controls and compliance efforts.
- Direct and manage the accounting department functions including accounts payable, payroll, fixed assets, and general ledger:
- Review invoice coding, monthly reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure.
- Manage on-going general ledger structure maintenance.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of all financial reports and filings:
- Prepare and timely file all quarterly, annual and other periodic filings, including financial statements, footnotes, MD&A and all supporting documentation.
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly financial results and create related financial statements and reports.
- Prepare cost analyses, financial studies, and statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenue as needed to ensure VenatoRx’s efficient use of cash
- Responsible for US Government accounting and finance activities:
- Manage invoicing and payment for US Government contracts and grants
- Manage preparation and negotiation of US Government indirect rate agreements
- Coordinate the preparation of external audit materials pursuant to US Government contracts
- Ensure compliance with all USG Cost Principles (45 CFR Part 75, Subpart E - Cost Principles) and as applicable SEC, FASB and NASDAQ (or other) rules and regulations:
- Maintain controls for USG cost accounting compliance systems and develop procedures to improve existing systems.
- Interface with operations to ensure adequate controls and accurate reporting of financial information accordance with US Government Cost Principles and US GAAP.
- Coordinate, plan, and execute the annual audits as well as quarterly reviews. Interfaces with the Company’s auditors. Prepares all related financial statements, reports, and footnotes.
- Assist with the implementation of new software and tools to support business growth and expansion and the development and implementation of new processes and procedures to enhance the productivity, efficiency, and workflow of the Finance Department.
- Lead all technical accounting research efforts. Analyze, research, and conclude on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the SEC, FASB and IFRS, as applicable. Prepare memorandums regarding VenatoRx’s position on various technical accounting matters. Provide guidance to the finance team regarding all technical accounting matters and changes to critical accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide financial and accounting support for special projects, which may include the preparation of VenatoRx’s initial Form S-1 Registration Statement, acquisition due diligence, and/or other projects as assigned.
- Manage and ensure proper accounting treatment for all stock-based compensation related matters.
- Interface with Operations to prepare annual budget, as well as the analysis of variances.
- Work with external vendors to support the administration of benefits, payroll, funding of 401k, etc.
- Coordinate, plan, and execute tax filings.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance with an active CPA license.
- Minimum of 10 years of financial management experience, with at least 3 years in a life science company
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP concepts with a strong consultative and results oriented approach.
- Knowledge of USG cost accounting principles (45 CFR Part 75, Subpart E - Cost Principles)
- Experience with the Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting software platform
- Experience in monitoring and strengthening internal controls processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word) required.
- Ability to work effectively under to meet strict deadlines.
- Self-starter and team player who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management skills as well as presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.